Many bloggers were asking for a share button in Google Buzz. Until now there is no direct ways of adding your own blog to Google Blog and then sharing your post through Google Buzz. We heard that Google is developing these shortcuts. Here in this post we will explain how to add your blog in Google Buzz and make a “Buzz it” or “BuzzMe” button for your posts in Blogger and Wordpress.
Direct integration of your blog in Google Buzz is not possible. So at first, you had to configure your Google profile, blog reader feed and Google Buzz.
How to connect your blog or some other feed to Google Buzz?
1) First of all you need to claim your blog or the specific feed on your public profile.If you don’t have a profile, make a public profile by giving details and add it there: http://www.google.com/profiles . If you have a profile and is private, then make it public.
Just verify , making sure that there's a rel=me link path back to your Google Profile. Buzz requires verification to connect sites (exception of a few things like Twitter and Flickr which don't require verification, for various reasons). To verify the site(s), you need a rel=me link path from them to your Google Profile URL. For docs on XFN and how to mark it up, see:
2) Now go to https://sgapi-recrawl.appspot.com/ . You may be prompted to login and there you can see the feed or URL of your blog and blog reader. Click on Recrawl button and wait till the crawling is success. (You may see many links you've just added to the site(s) you want connected to your Buzz. Select which one you want to crawl as per your requirement)
3) Now go into Buzz in Gmail and go to "Connected Sites" and all those you added recently will be there to Buzz.
How to add “Buzz Me”, “Buzz It” or “Buzz this” icon on your blog posts
Sharing a post through Google Buzz is very important to reach more people. Providing a “Buzz Me”, “Buzz It” or “Buzz this” icon will prompt readers to share a post through their buzz. It is essential that you had to connect your blog to Google Buzz as we explained on the top of this post. Do it first, then follow the below given steps.
FOR BLOGGER USERS:
Log in to Blogger Account, go to Layout -> Edit HTML and check the box "Expand Widget Templates". Now, find this code in the template:
And immediately after the above given code, paste the code given below.
<a expr:href='"http://www.google.com/reader/link?url=" + data:post.url + "&title=" + data:post.title + "&srcTitle=" + data:blog.title' target='_blank'><div style='text-align:left;margin-top:-2px;'><img alt='Buzz Me' src='http://i655.photobucket.com/albums/uu277/businessvartha/BUZZIT.png'/></div></a>
You may do some editing in the above code for placing the icon. You can change “left” as right, or center for alignment of the icon. Also, the position away from top header margin can be adjusted by changing –2 into distances as per your layout
FOR WORDPRESS USERS
- Login to your Wordpress dashboard.
- Go to Theme editor and open the single.php file.
- Copy and paste the below given code in single.php file as per the place you want the icon to appear.
href="http://www.google.com/reader/link?url=<?php the_permalink() ?>&title=<?php the_title(); ?>&srcURL=<?php bloginfo('url'); ?>" target="_blank" rel="nofollow external"><img
src="http://i655.photobucket.com/albums/uu277/businessvartha/BUZZIT.png" width="85" height="25" alt="" /></a>
MORE GOOGLE BUZZ ME ICONS:
If you want to try various buzz icons, please change the URL given in red letters of the codes given above for bloggers and wordpress, with any of the below given URL for respective icons:
Feel free to rectify trouble in any of the steps above.
Also don’t forget to Buzz this now