KNOW ABOUT FEEDS-PART 1
ADD FEEDBURNER ACCOUNT TO YOUR BLOG
What is Atom/RSS?
Atom and RSS ( Really Simple Syndication) which help the readers to get automatic updated posts of blogs or websites. These updating are also called Feeds. Feeds help to distribute their content well beyond just visitors using browsers. Feeds permit subscription to regular updates, delivered automatically via a web portal, news reader, or in some cases good old email. Feeds also make it possible for site content to be packaged into "widgets," "gadgets," mobile devices, and other bite-sized technologies that make it possible to display blogs, podcasts, and major news/sports/weather/whatever headlines etc.
Our Atom: http://businessvartha.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default
Our RSS: http://businessvartha.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default?alt=rss
How to create a Blogger Feed using FEEDBURNER?
With raw Atom and RSS, a blogger cannot optimize the feed. So we use “FeedBurner” as our platform to change the feed and make the most out of that. Simply follow the below given steps and create a Feedburner account and syndicate your feed
- Go to www.feedburner.com, login with your Google ID and password.
- Then the Original feeds of your blog will be identified and provided to select. Usually two original feeds are given. You may select any one of these, and click “Next»”
- Next page, you can see a welcome, where the “Feed Title” and “Feed Address” are given. You may change both according to your ways. Please note down the feed address as hereafter this will be your main Feed address. Click on Next»
- Your feed address will look like this
Up to here, you have completed the necessary step to configure your Feed. In next steps, you may customize the applied FeedBurner services to Provide a more detailed podcast listing at iTunes&Yahoo! search and additional free FeedBurner Stats options for a more richly detailed view of your feed readership. After configuration simply click Next», till you get a message “You have successfully updated the feed”. Here, you may logout and redirect your feed as described as follows.
You may Analyze, Optimize, Publicize, and Monetize your blog feed.Simply follow the links
- Click here PART 1 - ADD FEEDBURNER ACCOUNT TO YOUR BLOG
- Click here PART 2 - PUBLICIZE BLOG FEED USING FEED BURNER
- Click here PART 3 - OPTIMIZE BLOG FEED USING FEED BURNER
- Click here PART 4 - MONETIZE BLOG FEED USING FEED BURNER
- Click here PART 5 – ANALYZE BLOG FEED USING FEED BURNER
Redirect your Blogger feed to your FeedBurner feed
Traditionally blogs have two Original feeds like Atom and RSS. After you create a Feedburner account, blogger can make sure all feed traffic for your blog content goes to your FeedBurner feed. This will help FeedBurner to collect exact statistics and subscribers to the 'Original Feed' are routed through FeedBurner. To redirect your feed:
From the Blogger Dashboard, click the Settings link for the blog you want to promote.
The Settings page for your selected blog should appear.
Click the Site Feed link under the Settings tab.
Type your complete FeedBurner feed address into the Post Feed Redirect URL text field.Type in your entire feed address like this http://feeds.feedburner.com/YOUR FEEDNAME
Click Save Settings.
Once "Settings were Saved Successfully" then onwards,blogger will redirect all feed traffic for your blog to your FeedBurner feed.