KNOW ABOUT FEEDS-PART 2
PUBLICIZE BLOG FEED USING FEED BURNER
We have studied how we can redirect an Original Feed (Atom,RSS) of a blog into a valid FeedBurner account in Part1. Here we will study how we can effectively publicize this feed of your blog by Feedburner by following these simple steps.
Follow the below given steps to create a Feedburner account and syndicate your feed. If you already created this, then please proceed to STEP B
- Go to www.feedburner.com, login with your Google ID and password.
- Enter your blog's web address( URL) in the "Burn a feed right this instant?" form found on FeedBurner homepage after your login.If you like to publish a podcast with your Blogger feed, check the "I am a podcaster" box. Click Next».
- Then the Original feeds of your blog will be identified and provided to select. Usually two original feeds are given. You may select any one of these, and click “Next»”
- Next page, you can see a welcome, where the “Feed Title” and “Feed Address” are given. You may change both according to your ways. Please note down the feed address as hereafter this will be your main Feed address. Click on Next»
- Your feed address will look like this
Now you have successfully configured your Feed. In next steps, you may customize the applied FeedBurner services to provide a more detailed podcast listing at iTunes&Yahoo! search and additional free FeedBurner Stats options for a more richly detailed view of your feed readership. After configuration simply click Next», till you get a message “You have successfully updated the feed”.
Now look to the header portion where you can see a tab called “PUBLICIZE”, Click on that where you will reach a page to avail free services from feedburner to publicize your feed.
PUBLICIZE A FEED:
Publicizing a blog feed is very important to improve the subscriber status of your blog and there by increasing the number of readers. Feedburner provides 11 options under publicizing a feed. You may select as much as you can.
- EMAIL SUBSCRIPTIONS – as a part of promoting your blog, you need to have as much as subscribers for your blog. By creating this subscription option, readers can subscribe your blogs latest content on your email. While customizing this, you may select the type of your feed language. You can view your total number of subscribers at the end of the page, put some preferences, brand your email and fix a time to deliver your email. Want to try? Simply enter your email address and see how it works.
- PINGSHOT – Simply activate this option. This will invite search engines to visit your blog whenever you update your blog with a post. Nice easy way of search engine optimization.
- SOCIALIZE – You can socialize your blog posts by adding your Twitter account in this. Customize it and then Activate.
- CHICLET CHOOSER – Another way to provide an option for your readers to subscribe using any of the popular web services.
- AWARENESS API - Awareness API allows developers to build applications that can display, analyze and promote your feed's traffic data outside of FeedBurner.
- CREATIVE COMMON - Creative Commons is an alternative to full copyright. that helps you keep your copyright but allow people to copy and distribute your work provided they give you credit with the conditions you specify here.
- PASSWORD PROTECTOR – You can protect your feed with a required username and password using HTTP authentication. Any requests for your burned feed will require readers to enter a username and password to retrieve it. The major drawback is that this service supports only one username and password combination.
- NOINDEX – If you not want your blog feed to get indexed by search engines, and yahoo pipes then please use this feature to block it.
Please read all there parts for full understanding of search engine optimization and monetization Feeds
KNOW ABOUT FEEDS