KNOW ABOUT FEEDS-PART 5
ANALYZE BLOG FEED USING FEEDBURNER
We have studied how we can redirect an Original Feed (Atom,RSS) of a blog into a valid FeedBurner account in Part1.Then we studied how we can effectively publicize this feed of your blog by Feedburner in Part 2. The optimization of a feed using feed burner was studied in Part 3. Also we studied about how to monetize your feed using Feed Burner by following simple steps in PART 4. In this PART 5, we will study about how to analyze feed and its subscribers.
Follow the below given steps to create a Feedburner account and syndicate your feed. If you already created this, then please proceed to STEP B
- Go to www.feedburner.com, login with your Google ID and password.
- Enter your blog's web address( URL) in the "Burn a feed right this instant?" form found on FeedBurner homepage after your login.If you like to publish a podcast with your Blogger feed, check the "I am a podcaster" box. Click Next».
- Then the Original feeds of your blog will be identified and provided to select. Usually two original feeds are given. You may select any one of these, and click “Next»”
- Next page, you can see a welcome, where the “Feed Title” and “Feed Address” are given. You may change both according to your ways. Please note down the feed address as hereafter this will be your main Feed address. Click on Next»
- Your feed address will look like this
After completing this configuration of your Feed, you may customize the applied FeedBurner services to provide a more detailed podcast listing at iTunes&Yahoo! search and additional free FeedBurner Stats options for a more richly detailed view of your feed readership. After configuration simply click Next», till you get a message “You have successfully updated the feed”.
Now focus on the header portion where you can see a tab called “ANALYZE”, Click on that where you will reach a page to avail free services from feed burner to optimize your feed.
ANALYZE A FEED:
Before analyzing a Feed, you must configure it. Simply click on Analyze tab and then click on Configure stats, under SERVICES. Now check all boxes and Activate.
You can view your Feed Statistics, and Headline animator statistics also in this. Under “Feed Stats”, you can see Subscriber count, Item use, Map overlay to find from which countries your visitors are coming. You may export these data into Ms Excel also.
Headline animator statistics and email subscription statistics will help you to assess about the power of your feed subscription and visibility. You can experiment the areas to display and try to get more visitors and subscribers.
Please read all there parts for full understanding of search engine optimization and monetization Feeds
KNOW ABOUT FEEDS