KNOW ABOUT FEEDS-PART 3
OPTIMIZE BLOG FEED USING FEED BURNER
We have studied how we can redirect an Original Feed (Atom,RSS) of a blog into a valid FeedBurner account in Part1.Then we studied how we can effectively publicize this feed of your blog by Feedburner in Part 2. Here we will study how to optimize your feed using Feed Burner by following simple steps.
Follow the below given steps to create a Feedburner account and syndicate your feed. If you already created this, then please proceed to STEP B
- Go to www.feedburner.com, login with your Google ID and password.
- Enter your blog's web address( URL) in the "Burn a feed right this instant?" form found on FeedBurner homepage after your login.If you like to publish a podcast with your Blogger feed, check the "I am a podcaster" box. Click Next».
- Then the Original feeds of your blog will be identified and provided to select. Usually two original feeds are given. You may select any one of these, and click “Next»”
- Next page, you can see a welcome, where the “Feed Title” and “Feed Address” are given. You may change both according to your ways. Please note down the feed address as hereafter this will be your main Feed address. Click on Next»
- Your feed address will look like this
After completing this configuration of your Feed, you may customize the applied FeedBurner services to provide a more detailed podcast listing at iTunes&Yahoo! search and additional free FeedBurner Stats options for a more richly detailed view of your feed readership. After configuration simply click Next», till you get a message “You have successfully updated the feed”.
Now focus on the header portion where you can see a tab called “OPTIMIZE”, Click on that where you will reach a page to avail free services from feed burner to optimize your feed.
OPTIMIZE A FEED:
In this option, you are getting a chance to provide more beautiful look and much options for your feed.
- BROWSERFRIENDLY – You can optimize you feed as a browser friendly one by selecting appearance options and content options. Also don't forget to Activate this
- SMARTCAST – This service makes podcasting easy in feeds and link to MP3s, videos, images, and other digital media in your site content and SmartCast creates enclosures for them automatically. Be a Podcaster through this easily.
- SMARTFEED – Please activate this service because this will help to ensure maximum compatibility will all available readers in blogosphere.
- FEEDFLARE – Please activate service also as this help your subscribers easy ways to email, tag, share, and act on your latest content with some services listed there, like Technorati, Digg etc
- LINK SPLICER – This service adds a new item to your FeedBurner feed that contains new links you have added to your link collection account.
- PHOTO SPLICER – This service is not a necessary one, but if you want the photos in your Flicker, Buzznet, or Webshots account get published through your blog feed, then please activate this. Please remember that “Flickr ID" is not your Flickr screen name. This is a value (e.g. 44124460868@N01) you may find within photo URLs, or in the URL of your original Flickr photostream feed
- GEOTAG YOUR FEED – If you wish to announce your readers from where you are publishing, this service help to insert the geographical latitude and longitude tags per the world geodesic survey RDF specification
- FEED IMAGE BURNER– You can provide your own special image to get a special identification of your feed. If you provide your own image, it should not be more than 144 pixels tall or wide.
- TITLE/DESCRIPTION BURNER– You are getting an option to change the Title and Description of your feed in your own words. This is just an optimizing technique, will not affect the search engine crawling of your blog. You can type desired words in the box provided and activate it.
- CONVERT FORMAT BURNER– Feedburner converts your feed into desired Atom or RSS. But if its better not using this service if you use SmartFeed as described above in No. 3
- SUMMARY BURNER– This option let you make a short summary of your content in the feed and direct your subscribers to your blog when they click to “read more”
Please read all there parts for full understanding of search engine optimization and monetization Feeds
KNOW ABOUT FEEDS