Twitter monitor all accounts for aggressive following and repeatedly following or un-following large numbers of other users. Twitter always keep an eye on how aggressively users follow other users.In this post, I would like to explain about aggressive following, aggressive follow churn and account banning by Twitter.
- Don't use automated methods of following users
- Automated un-following is also not permitted by Twitter.
- The only automated following behavior that Twitter allows is auto-follow-back (following a user after they have followed you).
- Don’t follow or un-follow hundreds of users in a single day (Avoid aggressive following)
- Avoid repeatedly follows and un-follows large numbers of users. ( Aggressive follow churn )
- Never do Aggressive follow churn as it may lead to account banning or suspension.
- Every user can follow a total of 2000 people. Once you hit this limit, there are other restrictions to the number of additional users you can follow. This limit is different for every user and is based on your ratio of followers to following.
- All accounts, including verified and developer accounts are subjected to Follow limits.
After going through these rules, I felt that using some sites like, Twitter karma, Twiends, Twitterfollowers could bring danger to your Twitter account. Please comment here, If any of you experienced any such serious side effects.