Event gadget is a Free Gadget provided by Google Friend Connect to promote an event to your community. The members and readers of your site can get details about the event (including images and video), see a map, indicate whether they will attend, and see who else has responded. Viewers can join the event and see who else has joined the event.Events can be added to a member's Google Calendar with a single click. If a blogger conducting an online appearance, this Gadget is an ideal one to coordinate between your readers and members of the blog.
Picture courtesy: Google
How to Add the Event Gadget:
1. Go to Google Friend Connect. Login with your Google account linked with your blog. If have not yet started with GFC, then you had to Signup and add the blog.
2. You will see all your blogs listed in left sidebar under 'Sites'. The total numbers of members who are following your blog through Google Friend Connect is also given there.
3. Click your Blog Title and it will expand to show submenu below it.
4. Click on 'Gadgets' link and Search for “Event Gadget”
5. Click on 'Event Gadget' link or ‘Get This Gadget’ link.
6. You will reach a page of Options to choose the Page, and fill in your Event's Title and Description. Choose the start and end dates and the Time Zone. Fill in the Location, address and Media URL which is link of the picture or logo of your event.Then select the gadget's size that fit your blog sidebar.
7. Click Generate Code button.
8. Copy the code given there.This is the HTML code of the Event Gadget.
More to Read