Want to convert your blog into a widget and give as a gift to your readers? You can use this widget to promote your blog in your friends blog and also in your other blogs. Here in this post, I will explain some methods to make a widget from your blog. Some of these methods are paid services, which is optional for the users. We will discus some free widget services that is available in internet.
CONVERT YOUR BLOG INTO A WIDGET USING WIDGETBOX
Widgetbox is a free service that allows you to make a widget from your blog posts. This service is free of cost and very easy to configure. You can select colors and styles according to your need and make widgets from your blog, Twitter, Facebook and even make a slideshow widget.
All that you need is the Feed address of your blog or twitter or facebook. The disadvantage of this free service is that, it will start random display of advertisements after installation. If you buy a premium service (pro) then you can stop the display of advertisements from Widgetbox. There is another option to install your own Adsense Publisher Id in the widget box. That means another way of monetizing your blog. Nice isn’t it?
View our Widget for DEMO: (If you like it, grab the code and install it in your blog)
CONVERT YOUR BLOG INTO A WIDGET USING FEEDBURNER ( FREE OF COST )
Follow the below given steps to create a Feedburner account and syndicate your feed. If you already created a Feed Burner account, then please proceed to STEP B
- Go to www.feedburner.com, login with your Google ID and password.
- Enter your blog's web address( URL) in the "Burn a feed right this instant?" form found on FeedBurner homepage after your login.If you like to publish a podcast with your Blogger feed, check the "I am a podcaster" box. Click Next».
- Then the Original feeds of your blog will be identified and provided to select. Usually two original feeds are given. You may select any one of these, and click “Next»”
- Next page, you can see a welcome, where the “Feed Title” and “Feed Address” are given. You may change both according to your ways. Please note down the feed address as hereafter this will be your main Feed address. Click on Next» Your feed address will look like this
Now you have successfully configured your Feed. In next steps, you may customize the applied FeedBurner services to provide a more detailed podcast listing at iTunes&Yahoo! search and additional free FeedBurner Stats options for a more richly detailed view of your feed readership. After configuration simply click Next», till you get a message “You have successfully updated the feed”.
Look to the header portion, where you can see a tab called “PUBLICIZE”, Click on that where you will reach a page to avail free services from feed burner to convert your blog into a widget.
- You can copy the Code and provide it to your readers to display in their blogs.